And where could you find the word “Google” previously? When internet has not yet acknowledged towards million of people around the globe, normally encyclopedias or dictionary is the main target of the researcher. But for now, you can personally search all the way through internet the word “Google”. Did you attempt to Google a certain person? Yes, I did try it also to assure that the employer who hires me as worker really has good background. I also try searching a name of an employer who appears in other legitimate online job website but unfortunately he does not appear to Google search engine results. In fact, I had submitted an article for him as a requirement but he never paid me. Likewise to employers for instance, before they will appoint or come up with final employment a potential contractor or let us say worker; they will look for it to well-liked search engine — Google. Why they will look for your name? Employers also wanted to have good background to their possible employer.
Did you know that whenever we sign up to any social networking sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter; our personal facts or information is automatically searchable? It can’t be eluded that owing to huge quantity of information as well as additional issues causative toward search engine optimization (SEO), these social sites frequently come out in close proximity to the top in Google searches for individual qualities.
In reality, your latent employers will Google you. Do you have any thought that employers will look for your name? No body’s perfect, remember. As we live for free in this country, it can’t avoided to do stupid things like drunken liquor and a friend you takes you a picture and then post in the most visited social networking site — Facebook . Oh, it’s an embarrassment for you. Other activities are going to bars, casino, discos, dating with somebody and all of these circumstances are taken and posted on Facebook. Employers has different thinking, some of them will think that you are out goers, bad influence and etc. that will easily destroy your reputation upon applying to your employer. You must know how to put out of sight those images that would give poor sense to your employer.
What should you do so that you appear presentable or professional online? You can commence now. I will provide you the steps in order to make the most of your personal brand online professional.
- Profile Listing — How many society online that you have registered? Are you registered on Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn or you tube what else? You must clear your browser’s cookies and then Google your name.
- Removed your Unnecessary Images — you can watch around to any online sites you are indexed. Delete your pictures which are not good to see to other people or to your possible employer. If the content to your account is extensive, just set your profile into private so that no one could view it except you.
- Improved your Personal Image — present yourself online with coolness or poise properly. By means of distributing links otherwise conversing content or you can connect to societies associated to your line of work. And prove to your employer that you are interested to your career.
- Your own Life must be Confidential — Like in Facebook as well as twitter, you can change your recommended settings into privacy settings. This is necessary to control shared information’s or photos.
- Your Alerts must be Systematized — yahoo and Google Alerts tools are alerts you can utilized. These tools will assist you to check your trade name online. For example you set up alerts to your name; you can follow where you are viewing online on a daily basis.
Personal branding actually matters because if you don’t manage your name online, your employer might discourage in hiring you as he/she had viewed your images which they think that you are bad influence applicant for the reason that as they searched your name, they find odd as their first impression.